
Well, I guess this will probably be nothing more than a temporary distraction from writing... With Lulu just five days away, I will spend quite a bit of time this weekend writing. I know there's no way I will be completely edited, but it will be fun just getting to see what it will look like and then hopefully will spurn me on to finish editing the monster. *grin*
Well, it's been a busy week, filled with plenty of moments... headdesk, squee, and a few palmface ones in between. My cook had surgery this week so that meant that I am doing a lot of cooking in addition to my normal stuff. I have to admit it's been an experience. I'm not a cook. Period. But so far, there have not been any complaints... *wipes brow* And we have had a lot of fun in the process of all the stress. Yesterday we had a few loaves of bread that needed to be gotten rid of due to age. They had already been frozen and thawed. Now, health dept. says we can't just throw it away. We have to smash it or something. So, my baker was doing just that during a break. But... we smash it every time. So.... I picked up a loave and we decided to duel. Each of us swung our loaf back and prepared to clash. You could almost hear it in the background. *dramatic music plays* "Use the force, Luke." With as much force as we could muster our swords met, and exploded. But it wasn't sparks from a light saber, but slices of bread as Lillie's loaf broke open and flew. We both doubled over laughing and continued to do so as we picked up the remnants of our battle. But Lillie still had two more loaves to dispose of. She said we should try it again. (Yes, I'm the youngest in my kitchen even at my age, but we still have fun) Once again, we rared back and prepared to battle. "The force...er...bread is strong with this one, Obiwan." This time it was my loaf that burst open - but only half way. We quickly picked it up and well I won't go on. It really was silly enough. But it keeps the kitchen light and it's worth every bit of silliness for that.
Okay, enough of that. Time to get serious and get busy editing. Then maybe I'll work a little more on my scifi one. But I'm still working on a couple of logistical problems with that one.
*grin*
Well, it's been a busy week, filled with plenty of moments... headdesk, squee, and a few palmface ones in between. My cook had surgery this week so that meant that I am doing a lot of cooking in addition to my normal stuff. I have to admit it's been an experience. I'm not a cook. Period. But so far, there have not been any complaints... *wipes brow* And we have had a lot of fun in the process of all the stress. Yesterday we had a few loaves of bread that needed to be gotten rid of due to age. They had already been frozen and thawed. Now, health dept. says we can't just throw it away. We have to smash it or something. So, my baker was doing just that during a break. But... we smash it every time. So.... I picked up a loave and we decided to duel. Each of us swung our loaf back and prepared to clash. You could almost hear it in the background. *dramatic music plays* "Use the force, Luke." With as much force as we could muster our swords met, and exploded. But it wasn't sparks from a light saber, but slices of bread as Lillie's loaf broke open and flew. We both doubled over laughing and continued to do so as we picked up the remnants of our battle. But Lillie still had two more loaves to dispose of. She said we should try it again. (Yes, I'm the youngest in my kitchen even at my age, but we still have fun) Once again, we rared back and prepared to battle. "The force...er...bread is strong with this one, Obiwan." This time it was my loaf that burst open - but only half way. We quickly picked it up and well I won't go on. It really was silly enough. But it keeps the kitchen light and it's worth every bit of silliness for that.
Okay, enough of that. Time to get serious and get busy editing. Then maybe I'll work a little more on my scifi one. But I'm still working on a couple of logistical problems with that one.
*grin*
3 comments:
Cute very cute!! Glad you can have fun and still get work done.
So that's what those Cafeteria workers do all day....((thinking)).
*giggles* You'd be surprised... very surprised...
*grin*
Post a Comment