Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Como se dice squeeeee en Espanol?

How *do* you say squee in Spanish? LOL. Well I just got back from my third week at class. Finally, I get to take a Spanish class. My baker's church started a Spanish ministry and they started a class to teach their English speakers Spanish. I get to attend too! It's so much fun. The couple is from Guadamala. Each week we start off with a chorus. Last week it was 'He Touched Me'. This week was 'Lord I Lift Your Name on High, Lord I Love To Sing Your Praises'. This week's was harder because there were more words. But I am so tired of 'being able to get around' but not really in Spanish. It's not about being fluent - although that would be nice... LOL - but it's about being useful. At work, of course. And when they come to church, I don't want to have to go through a translator to give directions or greet.

*le sigh*

But it is fun. At first it was so nostalgic. As a child I was a member of the First Church of the Sunday School Bus. Yep, I went to a ton of them. (We moved all over Wichita Falls and a different churche buses ran in different areas) And one was this church. In fact, I still have the Rainbow Bible they gave me when I was 6 -May of 1976. The cover is off now and it's pages are swollen because of the flood of 1982. Still it's a memory. Many of our early child pictures were destroyed during that flood so it's nice to have a memento. And I do treasure all those sunday schools because they put something in me that pushed me into church as an adult. But that's another story and well... it's a blog, not a memoir. LOL.

Oh dear, I'm tangenting again... Well enough of memory lane...

That's enough for now...

3 comments:

Melisa said...

I think it's spelled squeeeee-O. I'm just guessing though. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. How fun to see you!

BTW - Squeeee-O made me think of the daylight comes song. Daylight comes and me gotta go home. Day, I say Day, I say Daaayyy - oooo. Daylight come and me gotta go home.

I say Squee, squeee-oooo, Squeesss come and squeeess go. Ok, so I'm not a song writer!

Linda Elms said...

I love "memory lane"! Thank you for sharing.

Keith and Carla said...

I enjoy reading your "ramblings!"