
Well, I can't believe we had snow! *falls over in shock* April, day before Easter, Texas... oh wait... Texas... yep that says it all, I suppose. Never a dull moment...
Well after reading a response to a comment from a 'friend'and fellow writer, I laughed and realized, I probably should update a little more often. But sometimes I just can't think of what to write. I mean I don't want to rant - sometimes I do but don't. So in striving to be positive and not tangeting too much with odd subjects of no reading worth...I end up updating infrequently. Not that this is great reading. This is me attempting to update. That's it.
So I was listening to a song last night and almost fell back again, laughing. It all started Wednesday night at church. Sis. S was sick and so Sis. Vicki and I were up front with our friend. She did the first song since there were some words in it that I didn't know. I took over from there. Then when the preaching time came, Sis. V asked if I wanted to try. *heart begins racing* Uhm... sure... why not? *prays for an easy message* Signing music is one thing. It's repetitive. It has rythym. I've been signing to music for years - at least with the signs I knew. I find it relaxing, especially when you get one of those songs that build and creshendo... but I digress...
Anyway, I've never done the preaching. It's too hard yet to hear it and then figure out how to put it in nine year old venacular. I *so* need more experience. But thank the Lord. God was good. Bro. Doug began with a Bible story... and a simple one at that. Sis. V. was so nice. She'd shoot me a sign when I needed it. Then came a Bible verse. The one about speaking to the mountain. Okay, I can do that, I thought. Then it came to be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea. So not funny. Be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea? My mind went blank. I mean blank as a page. Finally I just said, say to this mountain... Go away! Sis. V. got so tickled. I shrugged and got tickled too. Then last night, I was doing laundry and listening to Andy's MP3 player. On it was the song Mighty Love... point squarely at the mountain and command that it be gone. So at least I was close... *grin* Okay, so I have a long way to go yet... Thank God Sis. S is so good at it!
Okay, so time for a squee moment. We all need them. I laughed at conference when I saw Sis. Prince and as she approached me, she said, "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." I laughed. I so laughed!
Anyway, needed a break from editing. Teenagers are wonderful but my own kids left for HYC and I put the written one down for most of the weekend too. Anyway, my mind decided to piddle with a short story. Why not? It's been since like October since I really got into one. Then NaNoWriMo came and well my mind went with it... Anyway, I got up this morning and it was suddenly *there*. Oh nothing ooglie-booglie. Just means I could see it... kind of like watching a DVD in your head. Anyway, enough about my mind *shudders* pretty scary place... heh hehheh. Here are the stats:
Title: Supplemental
Word Count: Today (04.07.07) 4,118 Total I think somewhere around 7,000 so far.
Accomplished: Scenes, scenes, and more scenes.
Okay, I must have waaaayyyy to much time to think... *g* Well at least I updated! *g*
5 comments:
Congratulations! I'm really happy to see that you UPDATED! LOL! I like reading your "stuff" so keep it coming. Happy Easter!
You did a great blog, enjoyed reading it. Have a great Easter, even if you need to wear your snowboots. LOL
Funny! You crack me up Sis Stephanie!
Thanks everyone! Hope everyone had a great Easter.
Thanks, Misty!... uhm... I think...*grin*
*waves and wanders off to get ready for work*
You are too funny!
I am glad to know that another talent of yours is being used--signing.
Post a Comment