Friday, December 28, 2007


Has it really been almost a month since I have blogged? *palmface* Truly it doesn't seem like it. But I'll just go ahead and call in PNS - Post Nano Syndrome. Actually, though, I had crits backed up and stuff of my own to get ready and sub. Just this week I finally got all my crits finished and back to the people. *whips brow* Need to change out icons on blog and other changes.... maybe after the first of the year...


Anyway, today we are off to somewhere in Dallas area to visit my my bro-in-law. He got a new place and it's in some place I've never heard of. My M- in-law worked during Christmas so we are having a dinner and visit for a couple of days. Hoping to go to half-price book store and see what there is to see. They usually have a good selection of audio books. Yes, that's about the only way I read any more. Between writing, critiquing, and reading about writing, other than Bible reading, there is not much time to actually read something else. Not to mention, I *really* should study for Spanish. Our classes begin again the first week of January and I'm determined to take advantage of the oportunity. Our last class we had our regular lesson and then were told to read stuff off the board. Trabalinguas! Tongue twisters! I laughed. Now I know this is silly but I didn't think about other countries have tongue twisters. But we had so much fun. Then we tried to show her ours. Peter Piper. Her husband -- the pastor of the spanish ministry there -- translated it for her.


Pancha planca con cuartro planchas. Con cuantos planchas Pancha planca? Pancha irons with four irons. With how many irons does Pancha iron? Not easy to say -- at least not quickly.


Well, I guess I better get busy. We have been winter cleaning and I need to charge up the batteries in my phone and lappie for the trip. I'm hoping to use the length of the trip to work some more on rewriting. I'm determined that this will be the year I put this thing to bed as far as editing and rewriting is concerned. I've already put chapter one to bed. After countless rewrites, I finally got the okay from the critters. It's funny to think how much it's changed even since posting some of it here. But don't worry... not posting again. LOL
Oops! DH just woke up. Rambling over.... *grin*

3 comments:

Patti said...

Long time, no articles. I was wondering if you fell off of the edge of the paper somewhere. Welcome back!

Melisa said...

Hey!! I hope you've recovered from Nana and the holidays. I can't imagine doing them back to back like that.

How's the story going? Ellie is suffering greatly. (Hiding my face)

Hope you are well. :)

Melisa said...

Hey - what are you up to??