Thursday, May 22, 2008

Somebody Please Wipe the Silly Grin Off My Face!



Yep, it's one of *those* grins. The kind you get too excited for your own good over the seemingly most insignificant things and thank God for friends who understand your sudden lack of focus.

Several weeks ago Randy Ingermanson at Advanced Fiction Writing offered to critique first paragraphs. I went into squee mode. Yeah, I know first paragraph may not be much in most people's eyes but so often it's stress how important the first paragraph, the first page, the first five pages can make or break you. Soooo.... I entered the first paragraph from Refuge.

Then finally this morning it was there. I ended up being the last one he chose to do. (I was number 12 out of I think 87 that got posted.) Anyway, he said I had a strong first para with only minor tweaking. I squeeeee!!!!
It's here:
So now I only have to get the other 69,950 to match the first 50, LOL.

Okay, I'll quit squeeing. It really is pretty juvenile when you think about it. But it provided the encouragement that I needed to finish editing this story.

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Stephanie, that's awesome! I'm proud for you! Love you!