
Wow! What a morning! And what a difference from just 24 hours ago. Yesterday I was in prayer and telling God about my being frustrated and unsure of the direction for my life. I *want* to do the will of God but sometimes that will can seem illusive, just beyond my reach, or even perhaps my hearing... I know what I've felt, but feelings can be wrong. I can't live my life on "I felt... so it must be so, right?" So I continued walking in what I thought was the right direction and praying.
But then as always things happen in life that make you question this decision, this walking and praying. You begin to wonder if what I am doing for God is but a tangent in my life and not something maybe He wills for me to do. Does that sound crazy? Probably... but life and emotions are crazy. There is something to be said about vertigo. Your spinning and up and down can become sort of a convoluted mix.
So this morning, I was again praying. This time not about His will but just praying. I opened my Bible and I must preface this by saying that this doesn't happen often but it happened today. I opened my Bible and it fell open to a psalm. My eyes were probably bugging out. The words. The very words were so specific I was speechless, almost in a daze of awe and wonder. I wish I could paint a better picture, allow you to see why the words affected me so, but I can't.
No, God didn't come down and open up my future in a vision of glory or even tell me all that will come to pass, but rather in His own way affirmed to me these things: I am on the right path, walking the right direction, doing the right thing, right now. And for now... that is enough.
I don't know what my future holds or if it holds anything. I just know a couple of years ago I told God, I don't want to wait until I'm in nursing home and have to hurry and do something for God because I wasted all my years content with just living life and being a Christian. Being a Christian to me is doing something for God to help someone else find what I found... but it's finding that something or somethings. And I know there are times you do things for God and don't require the 'Will Question'. Somethings are already the will of God for every Christian. But then there are times you really need to hear from God that you're on the right path, going the right direction, doing the right thing, right now.
All right... enough of my rambling... *grin* Have a great day!
1 comment:
I wanted to wish you a very "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!
Hope all is going well and you are enjoying your summer!
Post a Comment