Wow! What a fantastic week it's been. I never knew a sunburn could be so useful. When I showed up at work with one in April, my coworker asked me how. I said the Sunday school block party. She got to ask where and then I got to tell her one of our munchkins was out there with his mom, too. Never thought a sunburn could be a conversation starter, LOL. Another one came to a recent funeral and has still not ceased to comment on how much it touched her. She told the secretary, the teacher she works with. God truly is working in ways I would've never imagined.
And then there was children's Spring Blast.... Awesome.... I loved the way he taught and then exampled how to pray with children. I never knew. Absolutely beautiful.... and fun!!!!
As far as updates go, I got my official contract on Saturday. My dh called as I was leaving the SS event and told me it had arrived. I emailed WAP to clarify a couple of points. Nothing major. Then before I got my answer I got an email from marketing asking me if I had any particular ideas about the cover before they started working on it. Well, there was more there than that and of course, I'm squeeing, LOL. I can't help it. It's fun to get excited. But right now, it's still very surreal and sometimes so hard to figure out. It shouldn't have been my book. I work with writers in crit groups that blow me away with their skill. But I guess it keeps me where I need to be -- knowing without God this could never have been.
Well, the next email I got was from Robin Johnston. He clarified that which I needed and then said, "...because your book is aimed at the young adult market we are trying to have it released for the upcoming North American Youth Congress which will be held in August..."
Okay, so I'm really in shock by this time. And scared at the same time. What if they don't like it? What if I got some of my computer details wrong? What was I thinking?
So, for those of you who were wondering--actually I was, too *g*-- now we have a tentative date. And thank God summer is 38 school days away! Edits are going to be serious.
But I will officially add this post script. The book is not based on any person that I know. Not family, not friends -- yes, I've been asked because Kevin wears a hoodie and has a knack with computers. Remember this book has been 3 years in the writing... and rewriting.... and rewriting...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!!!!
5 comments:
WoW! This is SO exciting! They are working quick!
AWESOME!! I'm soooo excited!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!
How exciting!! I can't wait to buy my copy:)
Stephanie...I know you are beside yourself! Awesome news!
Post a Comment