Saturday, March 07, 2009

WARNING: Serious Squee alert!

Well, most of you already know, but I thought I'd blog for anyone else. I'm just too excited.

Sis. Stephanie

We are pleased to inform you that your ms, Refuge, has been approved for publication...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Am waiting on the contract as we speak. They said they are tweaking it and will send it snail mail. I laughed. I couldn't help it. Probably the only time in my life I'll get to sign a contract that won't put me in major debt, LOL.

It still seems surreal. You have to understand every road block that stood in front of this story. By all accounts, this really shouldn't have happened. Trust me. It was TOTALLY God doing this.

Well, I could go on squeeing but it's Saturday and I owe critiques to people and laundry needs to be done. AND, if any of you did read anything I posted from a year or so ago, bless your heart and realize Refuge has gone through a lot of crits since then... I cringe that I even posted that, LOL.

Gotta Go.

8 comments:

Gene Holley said...

I am so excited about this too, but I know it can't compare to what you are feeling! Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Lynda said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!

Linda Elms said...

Oh Stephanie!!!! That is wonderful! When can I read it? Buy it? I'm so proud of you and "for" you! Love you!

Karen Prince said...

How Awesome! I am so excited for you. I remember years ago when we "met" as Sunday School teachers....I was amazed...you had such hidden talent(s). I am so glad to see some of it being published! AWESOME!!!

Karla said...

SOOOOO incredibly excited with you!!

Madison S. said...

I can't wait to read the whole story!

Keith and Carla said...

Congratulations!!! This is exciting! I can't wait to read it.

meliaka said...

Thanks everyone!!! But don't get too excited to read it yet. To be honest, I'm still scared to death of what people will say. And that's not exagerating... But thank you!!!