Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dreams of Old, Dreams of New


Woot Woot!!!
*clears throat* Sorry about that... Just had to have an almost end of the year squee moment. *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* Whew! Glad I got that out of my system... You know this has to be the first year I can end up saying I feel like I've actually *done* something. Not as much as I'd want... but hey! Isn't that what a new year is for? It's another chance to get it right. Another chance to stretch for something else. A time to dream. Some dreams may be harder or may take longer, but if I if all my dreams were that easily fulfilled then I would quit stretching, striving. I would curl up in my rut and for all practical purposes fade away or be of no value to anyone. I think dreams are a gift from God - the right dreams that is.

Martin Luther King had a dream. It was a wonderful dream. One that he worked diligently toward. It gave his life meaning. And he shared that dream with others. He wanted them to have that same dream an to strive toward it.

I believe God has dreams. The Bible says He's not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. I believe God wants to share His dreams with us. He wants us to strive toward that dream. And He'll strive with us. It's give our life meaning, purpose. Mr. King must have told them, "One day you'll truly be free." How many people have you known, trapped by whatever worldly vice, and you want to tell them, want to see them set free...
*blushes* Well thanks for letting me get that out of my system....

This is more of a personal squee than anything else. (We all have to have one now and again *g*) For the year, my word count is now crossed the 150,000 word mark. *does the happy dance* Yay! I guess hope really does spring eternal.

*vbg*
meli

2 comments:

Linda Elms said...

WOW! You've got a great way of saying things. I know you'll have more of your dreams come true this year. Keep stretching and you'll reach your goal. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

bouellette said...

So is that you as a little girl because it seems to favor Robert, or Andy whichever. LOL