Since it's been asked, I decide to go ahead and post some of the def's you may see here. Some you may already know, but a year ago, I was very ignorant of some of them. Will they be of any use to you? Probably not. But, as I said, since someone asked, I am answering.
Let's see.... Where do we start? Alrighty....
There are three types of stories, vids, ect that you will find. Most people label them when applicable.
1. Gen: general.
2. Ship: male/female romance, attraction, etc. Not necessarily bad.
3. Slash: m/m homesexual references or relationship, implied or otherwise.
I am a gen person. I write gen and read more gen than anything else. I DO NOT under any circumstances read slash.
4. h/c: hurt/comfort Basically it is a genre of writing that you will see almost everywhere but not necessarily called that. The character(s) are hurt physically, emotionally, whatever. Some storm has come their way in life. However, by the end of the story, you should have provided some sort of comfort. I could give you example after example but it would take too long. We just know in the end that it's all going to come out in the wash. (Cinderella is one that comes to mind easily.) Comfort, when done right, let's people decompress at the end of a story or action scene. But there must be some sort of balance between the h/c for it to work.
5. Elf, whump: These are simply bywords used by people to describe h/c in stories. Whump, whumpage seems to be the most widely used.
6. Snark: Sarcastic banter. Too much fun if done right. Sometimes the snarcasism can even boarder on whining.
7. IMHO: In my humble opinion.
Well, I think that's enough for now of my blathering... My to do list is full and I still have a novel to get edited by Jan. 16!!! But hey... great news... My first part finally passed muster with the critique group. I thought I was going to squee all morning when I got the files back from them.
*wanders off to get something else done for a change*
*grin*
meli
Let's see.... Where do we start? Alrighty....
There are three types of stories, vids, ect that you will find. Most people label them when applicable.
1. Gen: general.
2. Ship: male/female romance, attraction, etc. Not necessarily bad.
3. Slash: m/m homesexual references or relationship, implied or otherwise.
I am a gen person. I write gen and read more gen than anything else. I DO NOT under any circumstances read slash.
4. h/c: hurt/comfort Basically it is a genre of writing that you will see almost everywhere but not necessarily called that. The character(s) are hurt physically, emotionally, whatever. Some storm has come their way in life. However, by the end of the story, you should have provided some sort of comfort. I could give you example after example but it would take too long. We just know in the end that it's all going to come out in the wash. (Cinderella is one that comes to mind easily.) Comfort, when done right, let's people decompress at the end of a story or action scene. But there must be some sort of balance between the h/c for it to work.
5. Elf, whump: These are simply bywords used by people to describe h/c in stories. Whump, whumpage seems to be the most widely used.
6. Snark: Sarcastic banter. Too much fun if done right. Sometimes the snarcasism can even boarder on whining.
7. IMHO: In my humble opinion.
Well, I think that's enough for now of my blathering... My to do list is full and I still have a novel to get edited by Jan. 16!!! But hey... great news... My first part finally passed muster with the critique group. I thought I was going to squee all morning when I got the files back from them.
*wanders off to get something else done for a change*
*grin*
meli
No comments:
Post a Comment