Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Royal Friends...

Short post today, but it was sooo cute, I just couldn't resist.

As you may know, it's the time of the year our children start getting new clothes (Income tax time). And my school is almost entirely 4-6 years old. They love to show us their new clothes and shoes at breakfast.

Well today, Daisy came in and before she could even pull her milk out of the milk box, she was opening her coat to show us her new dress that she was so proud of.

I smiled. "It's beautiful. It makes you look like a princess."

"Yeah," she replied with almost a sigh. "But I broke my crown."

(Yes, they like to be princesses in pre-k and kinder.) In fact a couple of years ago, I had two in particular. "Princess Yuli (Yulissa) and her friend, I can't remember her name... *blush*

Anyway, at lunch that day, I called them Princess Yuli and Princess ... and they asked me about Nary, a little boy from their class sandwiched between them in the lunch line.

"Okay, I'll call him Prince Nary."

"No," both the girls said. "King Nary!"

I just laughed and dubbed him King Nary.

*grin*

2 comments:

Linda Elms said...

AH, that's cute! I love kids and the things they say.

Misty said...

That is too cute.