Brrrrrr... It sure is cold and although no fireplace, I am soooooooo thankful for a warm house.Well, it's certainly seems like it's been a busy week. Monday was 100 day at school and it was so much fun watching the kids. They are a hoot anyway! Today, I was reading some info on AV while cashiering breakfast - yeah, sometimes the kids just straggle in - and finally it made sense what I was reading. I turned to my cook and declared,"Ding, ding,ding. The light has finally come on." But then little 5 year old Joseph looked up at me from the line and asked, "It did?" I'm sure he thought it very strange as every light in the house was already on. Then a little later we had to call out 'search and rescue' as Jazzi - Jasmine - lost her dollar in the trash when she dumped her tray. Oh my word. You should see her puppy dog eyes! So close to tears! And at our school you're rich if you have a dollar for your snack account. Anything more than a dollar and you're practically rolling in it. *grin* Well they found her dollar, but it was a close one.
Oh yeah, this week I got my complete blunder. Just when I think I'm getting half way decent at talking money and how much on accounts in Spanish, I have an experience that shows me just how tongue tied you can get. Thank God for my Spanish parents who are so patient with my 'retardo Spanish'. *grin* Sometimes it can sound fairly understandable. But other times, I can't seem to get my tongue around the word. The other day all I had to say was that the daughter had 14 days on her account. Normally, I can do that. It requires few words. (And Yes I have phrase cards in the drawer that we got a few years ago) That day it was a stuttering mess. I should have just wrote it down and went on. Trust me. It was laughable. But one day when we have all those Hispanics at church, I want to be prepared. No, I'll never be fluent. But a few words can make all the difference. At my job, I use have a good day a lot. Tenga buen dia! Just three words, but they mean convey friendliness. They reply, "Igualmente" "Same to you". Now that's not to say, they won't speak fluent English. Some do, some are like me, learning.
I can't wait to hear of all the Bible studies popping up with Sis. T. It's going to be awesome.
Well I got my book from LULU! And yes, I squeeed all over the place. It may never do anything but sit on my own bookshelf, but it's my own 'I can do it' reminder. The other girls in my critique group squeed and woohooed too. My cook's been reading it during lulls in the lunch break as the critique group gets through a part. It took me forever to even let her. Now I just have to finish rewriting the ending. I thought - thought being the operative word here - that I was at the end, wrapping it up, but then somebody fed the plot bunny and the story twisted.
But enough about that...
All in all it's been a good week. *clears throat* But even I have to admit, I'm thankful tomorrow is Friday. AND next Friday is a HOLIDAY WooHoo!!!!
Well this has definitely been a bland kind of update. Hmmm... Maybe something more newsy over the weekend.
*waves*
1 comment:
Stephanie, I enjoyed every word you wrote on this post....even the spanish words! I'm excited about the Bible Studies, also. It's wonderful what God is doing in Life Tabernacle and Wichita Falls! Keep writing. I love reading what you have to say.
Post a Comment