Friday, July 18, 2008

I Actually Have A Pitch...

Can you believe it? Well... considering six months ago I had no clue what a pitch was. And then I found out it had to be like 25 words or so that sums up your story--conflict and everything. Ugh! But thank goodness for online classes. So now I finally have a pitch to include with my query letter for both stories in my Lost Identities Series. Now that doesn't mean they'll ever go anywhere. But it's fun just to say it all the same. Christian YA is one of the toughest markets to break into. If I wrote Christian Romance I'd be better off probably, but who wants to do that? I spend too much time giggling at myself. I tried to write a small semi-sorta-romantic part and my crit partners were really nice but they sure didn't fuss when I didn't give 'em a repeat performance of that one, LOL.
Also, I changed the name of my story, too. Once I checked on Amazon and found the title I wanted was a slash love story, I moved on... after my eyes quit bugging out at the fact someone had actually pub'd a slash love story. Oh. My. Word.
Refuge
After being forced to commit a crime, a teenage hacker must find a way to expose the real criminal without anyone discovering his family lives under a false identity.
A Name in the Stars
While working on a genealogical school assignment, two teens discover a eleven-year-old cold case mystery involving the disappearance of identical twins and find they are searching for themselves.
Okay, enough squeeing for one day. I need to finish dinner and get some other things done before the day is out. I can't believe summer is almost over. It seems incredible to think time has passed so quickly.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I think both of your stories sound really neat. I would love to read them one day. I am more of a christian romance girl but I also like authors like Dee Henderson.

meliaka said...

ooooohhhhhhh.... I love Dee Henderson! I've read most of her books and have 2 on audiobooks. Yes, I love audiobooks for during the school year when I'm loaded with afternoon paperwork. Keeps me focused... And yeah, I like reading Christian romance... but writing... well... let's just leave it to the pros, LOL

Thanks, Sis. Lynda!

Linda Elms said...

These sound really good, Stephanie! Finish them, get them published and I will read them! Love you!