Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wow… I simply can’t believe how many emotions a person could feel in one day. Frustration, excitement, nervous, thankful, ecstatic… Oh, I know. Give me an hour or so and they all level out. But for right now, it’s wonderful to enjoy how intense emotions can be…. Although I should be using those intense moments for writing on a story… but to be honest, I’m almost too distracted to write tonight. But with NaNoWriMo ending on Sunday, I can’t just quit this far into it. So I’ve turned to my horribly neglected blog. The one that needs a new name, a new look, and someone who listens better to the instruction about people who want to become writers need a blog/website. But it’s kind of like the fish in our fish tank. Do I *have* to take care of them?

Enough of that. Well, I found out today that Thursday the fourth is the day Refuge comes up for committee. It’s first time to make it to committee. I felt like singing that song from the cartoon when I was young, “I only a bill and I’m headed off to capital hill”--never mind, you would've had to been there. I’m also trying not to tell my dh--I only told two at church just cause I was ready to burst, LOL--until after it’s said and done. Then I can have a good cry and tell myself not to give up trying. But for now, I’m a bundle of excited nerves trying to tell myself to prepare for rejection and work out how even the rejection can/will work in my best interest. They did say if they reject it, if it is pub'd elsewhere they will market it. That's a big plus in a search for an agent. But I know as a story is has every impossibility in front of it. But, oh well, one thing at a time.

All right. Back to writing. I have to make it to 50K by midnight Sunday and I've got a bit to go yet.

No comments: